Skip to main content
Request a call back


Got a question about retirement planning and pensions?

You're in the right place. We've a whole range of answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

Financial Advisers

An Independent Adviser is someone who has the permissions to offer advice on the full range of investment products. This is sometimes known as ‘whole of market’. What this means for you is we’re able to select a whole range of products and will only consider what’s right for your needs.

Restricted advisers are only able to look at a limited range of products/providers so aren’t taking all options into consideration.

As experts in the full range of pension types and investment products, we’ll make sure any product you choose is suitable for your needs.

We’ll look at your attitude to risk and make sure your portfolio is aligned, so any rise and fall in interest rates is at a level you’re comfortable with.

With a Financial Adviser you’re also more protected when you purchase an investment product based on our advice. We’re regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and required to follow strict procedures to make sure advice is suitable for your needs.

Yes, there’s a fee and you would avoid this if you chose to buy investment products yourself, but you’re more likely to choose something that doesn’t fully meet your needs or is unsuitable if you don’t take professional advice.

It’s also possible that by going alone you’re restricting your options, as some products can only be accessed through an adviser.

planner and clients working through their plan

Choosing a Financial Adviser

Absolutely. You should always check that any adviser you choose is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority, who are the regulating body for the financial services industry. You can check their register online at

If you find a Financial Adviser on the register whose status is listed as ‘authorised’, this means they’ve been given permission to provide regulated products and services.

If you’re looking for pensions, investments, annuities or general financial planning, it’s worth looking for a specialist adviser as they’ll have higher levels of qualifications and able to give advice and recommend any of these products that will suit you.

It’s a good idea to start with some trusted places that’ll give impartial information such as:


Share this page via

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.