Are you a WordPress website designer/developer with both technical backend knowledge and front-end creativity?
Do you have an amazing portfolio of sites you’ve built that’s guaranteed to knock our socks off?
Great, read on…
You will be responsible for everything to do with the company’s websites.
Your role will involve development of new websites along with the ongoing maintenance and updating of existing sites below.
This opportunity will be a mix of remote and office working at our Stockton offices.
Salary is negotiable for the right person.
Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Designing and developing fast, market leading, responsive, user-friendly, effective, and appealing SEO compliant websites on the WordPress platform
- Demonstrating and receiving feedback about draft sites
- Ongoing maintenance and updating of PlanHappy and Joslin Rhodes websites
- Keeping up to date with recent technological and software developments
- Developing skills and expertise in appropriate software/programming languages
- Managing and uploading website content
- Experienced WordPress developer, who is confident working with the latest WordPress functionality.
- Comfortable working with WordPress directly without having an over-reliance on Page Builders or ready-made Themes.
- An eye for fresh and responsive UI design, and strong knowledge of UX design.
- A good understanding of how to optimise a website for speed, as well as SEO.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs.
- A strong understanding of ecommerce and payment gateway integration.
- Can manage DNS records, name server alterations and website migrations.
- Personable and likeable as well as professional.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Troubleshooting skills for finding and resolving issues with website builds.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow direction.
- Good communication skills.
A bit about PlanHappy and Joslin Rhodes Pension & Retirement Planning:
There are many software solutions for traditional financial adviser firms covering functions such as CMS, Investment Platform, Risk Profiling, Cash Flow Modelling, Pension Analysis, Revenue Reconciliation, Model Investment Portfolio’s amongst others.
Many of these firms are normally forced to mesh 3rd party solutions for the elements listed above despite only about 20% of each software package being useful to the firm which makes it very costly and inefficient.
Frustrated with this situation, we embarked upon a journey in 2017 to develop a software solution to solve this issue. Two years later and V1 one of the PlanHappy system went live in our sister company Joslin Rhodes, replacing the previous ‘market leading’ third party system.
PlanHappy was such a success that it caught the eye of the Financial Advisory community and a demand developed to install it in other firms.
Fast forward to 2021 and PlanHappy now has an in-house development team plus a sales and account management team. PlanHappy has been installed in field trials with advisory firms nationwide with much success and is being heralded as a ‘game changer’ in Financial Advisory Software.
PlanHappy is being built out into a full Case Management System for Financial Advisory and Investment Management Firms.
To build and integrate all the functionality mentioned above is viewed as a 5–10-year project and we are seeking a forward-thinking individual with the drive to ‘get stuck in’ and be part of our team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established business launching a new service with long term job security.
We have also launched the ‘PlanHappy Academy’ which is a step by step fully interactive training and coaching programme, helping advisers to deliver industry leading Lifestyle Financial Planning and improve their business.
Joslin Rhodes Pension & Retirement Planning:
Do you want to be part of a business that makes a real difference to peoples’ lives?
Established for over 21 years, Joslin Rhodes Pension & Retirement Planning is all about people.
We’re passionate about making sure everyone has access to the financial planning that will free them to love the retirement they’ve spent their lives working towards.
But there’s more to it than just financial advice.
Using the unique PlanHappy Lifestyle Financial Planning process we help our clients work out what you want to do in the future then do the money bit to work out how to get them it. So, all they need to do is get on with enjoying life.
What We’re Offering:
- Competitive salary
- Free on-site parking
- Get out of bed every day and work with great people doing a fantastic job with amazing clients
- Be a part of something unique and special that adds value to the world
- Have a job in a company that supports and champions the human outcome for the team and our clients
Send an email to Careers@joslinrhodes.co.uk with an overview of who you are and why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.
Closing Date: When we find the right person.
Our Core Values:
• We tell it like it is
• We simplify to empower
• We ask and answer the big questions
• We give warmth & comfort
• We put WOW in everything we do