We are a very well respected Independent Financial Advisers based in North East of England.
We operate in an entirely different way to traditional financial advice firms as we don’t focus solely on selling financial products. Through our unique PlanHappy life coaching service, we help people plan their retirement, so they can enjoy an ideal lifestyle free from worry.
This position is to cover the maternity leave and it starts mid August 2021 and contract would end mid July 2022. This is a superb opportunity to gain new experience in a dynamic and growing company.
We’re looking for an individual to bring practical intelligence and a desire to deliver genuinely exceptional results with a very keen eye for detail. We have a fantastic team of people all working to our core values. Head office is The Planning Rooms, Preston Farm Stockton on Tees.
As the Financial Controller you will be responsible for running the day to day functions of the Finance Office as well as assisting the Head of Finance with ad-hoc projects (and at this exciting time there is plenty to keep you busy). Your responsibilities will include:
– Preparation of full monthly management accounts (including cash flow) for individual companies
– Managing the external audit process
– Intercompany charges preparation and posting
– Quarterly VAT returns including partially exempt VAT groups
– Ensuring that profit/loss account and balance sheets are free from errors, reconciled and accounted for according to relevant accounting standards
– Assisting in preparation of the corporation tax returns and FCA reporting
– Preparation of the Companies House submissions
– Responsibility for monthly reporting against budgets and forecasts
– Responsibility for the overall quarterly budgeting process
– Assisting Head of Finance in profit/loss and cash flow forecasts preparation
– Assisting Head of Finance in preparation of business cases and other ad-hoc financial tasks as required
Are we right for each other?
The role is open if you have previous experience in a financial control role in the past and you can hit the ground running. We’re looking for people who match the following:
- Has previous management accounting experience including, but not limited to, intercompany recharging, accruals and prepayments preparation, balance sheet reconciliation (including bank reconciliations), fixed assets management and accounting
- Is proficient with UK GAAP and IFRS rules and VAT regulations
- Has previous experience in corporation tax preparation
- Has prepared cash flow forecasts, profit/loss forecasts and budgets in the past
- Has willingness to learn new skills and is comfortable in a fast progressing and forward-thinking environment
- Enjoys new challenges and is enthusiastic
- Has strong attention to detail and can work independently
- Is accountable and can manage their time to tight deadlines
- Has strong Microsoft Excel skills and Sage accounting tools experience is essential
The person that we are looking for would be qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent and have at least two years of experience in a management accounting role or equivalent.
What we offer
- The starting salary is negotiable and depending on experience
- A genuine opportunity for the right person to enjoy a new experience and career in a fantastic environment
- Support in the personal development of your career and loads of new challenges every day
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance and income protection insurance
Our Core Values
Every team member is expected to work to our Core Values:
·We tell it like it is
·We give warmth and comfort
·We simplify to empower
·We challenge and answer the Big Questions
·We put Wow into everything we do