Financial Planner - Newcastle OfficeBack
Is this your new career?
FINANCIAL PLANNER - WE CAN TRAIN YOU!
Are you looking for a new professional career doing something you can be proud of and become qualified in?
Do you have life experience that enables you to identify with North East people considering retirement?
Are you the right person to join us as we open our new office in Newcastle?
From a technical and regulatory viewpoint, we are Independent Financial Advisers, however we operate in an entirely different way to traditional financial advice firms as we don’t focus solely on selling financial products. Through our unique Plan Happy life coaching service, we help people plan their retirement, so they can enjoy an ideal lifestyle free from worry. Essentially, this fantastic role is a combined Life Coach and Financial Planner.
Whether you already work in financial services or are just looking for a change, this is a superb opportunity to build a great career. We’re looking for individuals to bring practical intelligence and a desire to deliver genuinely exceptional results.
We will train you in the technical aspects of the role. However, you will be expected to study and take exams in your own time to become a fully qualified Financial Planner, but the cost of this will be fully covered by us and study support is available.
We have a fantastic growing team of people all working to our core values. Head office is The Planning Rooms, Preston Farm Stockton on Tees and we’ve opened a new office in Newcastle. So, you’ll be joining us at an exciting time.
As a financial planner you’ll hold meetings with clients to explore their current assets and help them work out what they want from life, before guiding them through the technical options of how their assets can be used to provide the life they desire. A team of paraplanners will support you by producing bespoke reports and charts you can show clients. Ultimately you will deliver financial advice in the best interests of the client and provide comfort that everything will be okay.
Our Core Values
Every team member is expected to work to our Core Values:
- We tell it like it is
- We give warmth and comfort
- We simplify to empower
- We champion the human outcome
- We put Wow into everything we do
How to apply
Please email us with a one-page overview of who you are and why you think you'd make a great Financial Planner, along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Please note: interviews and initial training will be held at our head office in Stockton on Tees.
Closing Date: When we find the right person.
Are we right for each other?
Do you have the right experience?
The role is open to anyone. We can show you how to harness your life experience and personality as a tool to help others, but it’s up to you to assess whether you are prepared to put in the work commitment and have the self-belief to succeed.
You don’t, however, need experience in financial services, we can teach you that.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for people who match the following:
- Has a calm and trustworthy aura
- Are personable and likeable
- Can read people and challenge them on their limiting beliefs
- Has experience of 'life' and can empathise
- Can explain technical information simply, clearly and with confidence
- Prefers the sound of other people’s voices to their own
- Can listen, diagnose and coach
- Can sell our service by offering trust and comfort in it
- Has a head for numbers and people
- Can study and pass the Level 4 qualification 'Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning'
- Is willing to put in the time and commitment to match our commitment to your development
- Lives within a commutable distance from Newcastle (ideally commutable to both Newcastle and Stockton on Tees)
Existing financial qualifications aren’t required but you will be studying for the Level Four Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning followed by the Level Six Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning, so you should be comfortable with academic study.
You will be expected to study in your own time although support and study sessions are provided.
Fitness & Propriety
We are required to register you with the FCA as a Controlled Function for you to see clients. This includes an assessment on your fitness and propriety for a role advising people on their investment and pensions. Previous convictions, credit problems and bankruptcies would likely hinder your chances of satisfying the FCA.
What we offer
- A genuine opportunity for the right person to enjoy a new career
- Support to achieve the Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- Fully funded course and exam costs for both the Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications
- Employer contributory pension scheme and great benefits package
- Salary increases as competencies are achieved and qualifications are awarded
- Get out of bed every day looking forward to working with clients and changing lives
- The starting salary is £25,000 per annum
- Increases to £40,000 as you progress through our trainee planner programme
- Starting salary is negotiable depending on existing experience and qualifications