Financial Planner - Is this your new career?Back
Are you looking for a new professional career, doing something you can be proud of and become qualified in?
Do you have life experience that enables you to identify with people considering retirement?
From a technical and regulatory viewpoint, we are Independent Financial Advisers. However, we operate completely differently from traditional financial advice firms because we do not focus solely on selling financial products. Instead, we use our Plan Happy life coaching service to help people plan their retirement and enable them to enjoy their desired lifestyle free from worry.
So this fantastic role really is a combined Life Coach and Financial Planner.
Whether you already work in the financial services industry or you are looking for a change, this could be a superb opportunity to build a great career. We focus on recruiting individuals who can bring the practical intelligence and a desire to deliver genuinely exceptional results for our clients. We can train you in the technical aspects of financial advice.
Our most recent Trainee Financial Planners have come from various professions including Teaching, Operations Management and HR. They are in their 30's, 40's and 50's.
You'll be expected to study and pass exams in order to become a fully qualified Financial Planner.
We've built a great team of people all working to our Core Values and we work from a beautiful office in Preston Farm, called The Planning Rooms.
As a Financial Planner your role will be to hold meetings with Clients. Initially this will be to explore their current assets and help them work out what they want from life. Then you'll guide them through their technical options and how they can use their assets to live the life they desire. You'll be supported by a team of Paraplanners to produce reports and charts to visually prove they can have financial peace of mind. You'll deliver Financial Advice we believe gives the best outcome for every client's individual needs and circumstances. Ultimately your job is around dealing with any concerns the client has and giving them the comfort that everything's going to be okay.
Are we right for each other?
Do you have the right experience?
The role is open to anyone. Who you are as a person and your experience in life is what we'll harness into a tool for helping others. It’s up to you to assess whether you can see yourself succeeding in this role and are prepared to put in the work, commitment and self-belief. You don’t necessarily need experience of financial services, pensions or investments. We can teach you that.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for people who match the following:
- Are calm and trustworthy
- Are personable and likeable
- Can read people and challenge them on their limiting beliefs
- Have had experience of 'life' and can empathise
- Can explain technical information simply, clearly and with confidence
- Prefers the sound of other people's voices to their own
- Can listen, diagnose and coach
- Can sell our service by offering trust and comfort in it
- Has a head for numbers and people
- Can study for and pass the Level 4 qualification 'Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning'
Existing financial qualifications are not required however, you'll be studying for the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, which is a level 4 qualification so academic study is something you should be comfortable with.
You'll be expected to study in your own time, although support and study sessions are provided.
After completing this you'll study the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning, which is a Level 6 qualification.
Fitness and Propriety
We are required to register you with the FCA as a Controlled Function so you can see clients. This includes an assessment on your fitness and propriety for a role advising people on their investments and pensions. Previous convictions, credit problems and bankruptcies would likely hinder your chances of satisfying the FCA.
What we're offering
- A genuine opportunity for the right person to enjoy a new career
- Support to achieve the Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- Employer contributory pension scheme and great benefits package
- Salary increases as competencies are achieved and qualifications are awarded
- Get out of bed every day looking forward to working with clients and changing their lives
- The starting salary is £25,000 per annum
- Increasing to £40,000 as you progress through our Trainee Planner programme
- Starting salary is negotiable depending on existing experience and qualifications
Our core values
Every team member is expected to work to our Core Values:
- We tell it like it is
- We give warmth and comfort
- We simplify to empower
- We champion the human outcome
- We put Wow into everything we do
How to Apply
Send an email with an overview of who you are and why you think you'd make a great Financial Planner, along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: When we find the right person